Video: e-Cigarette blows up in Canadian Teens Face

ALBERTA, CANADA — An electronic cigarette exploded in a Canadian teenager’s face this past week, causing severe burns and leading to emergency surgeries.

Sixteen-year-old Ty Greer was taking a toke in his mother’s jeep when it suddenly blew up, only two inches from his face. At the time, the boy’s father says the pain was so excruciating Ty said he wanted to die.

His father described the accident as a 2 foot by 2 foot fireball engulfing his son’s face, burning the back of Ty’s throat and his tongue. Luckily, he’d been wearing glasses at the time, so his eyes were not damaged. The teenager is being treated for first and second-degree burns, and has undergone two root canals to fix some of his broken teeth.

The e-cigarette was a Chinese-manufactured Wotofo Phantom, purchased at a local smoke shop in Alberta.


Share This With Your Friends Now:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

2,352 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress